Anytime is a good time for a review of your overall health.
Here are the actions to take:
- List what you do on a daily/weekly/monthly basis to maintain your good health.
- List the unhealthy activities you engage in.
- Write a plan to eliminate the unhealthy aspects of your life.
The first step will help you feel accomplished by documenting the ways you maintain good health such as by regular exercise.
By writing down the unhealthy activities in the second step, you’re acknowledging that there are areas for improvement.
By making a plan to eliminate the less-than-desirable aspects of your wellbeing, you’re documenting the steps and taking action.
Here are some articles to help you make your goals a reality:
Be sure to hare your plan and your goals with supportive loved ones, so they can help you.
All the best to you!
Feeling better and improving your overall health can be achieved simply by becoming more physically active.
There are so many benefits to exercise:
- Stress relief
- Strengthen your heart, muscles and bones
- Improve circulation exercise
- Achieve and maintain good mobility and flexibility
Can you add just a little more activity into your day? Check out this past article for some easy ideas!
Many of us may find it hard to believe that we’re nearly half-way through the year, but the calendar doesn’t lie!
With the bounty of summer nearing and all the fantastic outdoor activities available to us in Windsor and Essex County, now is a great time to review and renew our commitment to improved health.
How are you doing with your health goals? Are you more active? Healthier? Happier? Less stressed? Here are some considerations and healthy inspiration for you:
We’re here for you! If we can help you, please reach out to us. 519-258-8544
Here are Huron Church Chiropractic and Family Wellness Centre, we believe in a “proactive” health care model.
What is proactive health care?
Proactive health care involves continually taking steps to maintain good health before illness or injury occurs. By working to prevent the occurrence of disease, illness or injury; this model for self-care is better for our health care system and ourselves.
When we take action to monitor and manage our health, we reduce our dependence on our health care providers to manage our illness.
It’s easier to maintain good health than manage sickness.
What is reactive health care?
Reactive health is managing our illness, disease or injury which is more likely to involve surgery, medication, hospital stays, ER visits, chronic pain management, time away from work and a less active and happy life.
Proactive health tips:
- Schedule regular visits to your primary physician, dentist and chiropractor
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Monitor your blood pressure and have your blood tested as recommended
- Regularly perform self-examinations
- Take steps to boost your immune system with vitamin C and antioxidants
- Avoid pollution and toxins in and outside your home
- Stretch and exercise regularly
- Avoid processed foods
- Stay hydrated, drinking plenty of water
- Get restful sleep
- Practice stress management techniques
Final considerations about proactive or preventative self-care:
- You will be better able to avoid potential health problems
- You will more likely to detect early symptoms of disease or illness
- Early detection may help with treatment of your illness or injury
Regular chiropractic care is an important element of a preventative health care approach. We would like to be your partners in your proactive health strategy: Please call us to schedule your appointment and to discuss your wellness plan. 519-258-8544
Our goal as parents is to raise happy, healthy and active children. We’d like to offer you 6 reasons why regular chiropractic care is important for children of all ages.
Children are hard on their bodies
Whether your child is involved in sports or prefers to spend their time playing on mobile devices; their young bodies can be easily misaligned.
Your child’s body is in a constant state of change, and regular chiropractic care helps restore and maintain their body for optimum functioning, relieving tension and stress as their body changes.
Good habits start early
Good posture starts in childhood and last lasting benefits. Chiropractors can also encourage proper head positioning while on electronic devices.
Set a good example
When you utilize regular chiropractic care for yourself you and your children, you demonstrate the importance of good health: setting a life-long example of the importance of good self-care.
In sickness and in health
Removing interference from the nervous system helps your child’s body operate in its natural healthy state.
Better sleep and related benefits
Our nerves affect every aspect of our body, and when there is interference it can result in sleep, concentration and even behavioural issues.
Overall good health
Our spine houses our nerves, and our nervous controls our whole body. Chiropractic care helps support nervous system functioning; which means your child’s entire body will benefit.
Everyone with a spine benefits from chiropractic care. Begin your child’s healthy journey today and call us to schedule your visit: 519-258-8544
Fighting a cold, an infection or flu? Or perhaps you just want to remain healthy? Boosting your immune system doesn’t have to be complicated or expensive.
Boosting your immune system is as simple as living a healthy, active life, such as;
- Eat a wide variety and good balance of fresh fruits, vegetables, grains, meats and legumes
- Sleep well
- Exercise to maintain a healthy weight, build muscle, bone strength and increase flexibility
- Only drink alcohol in moderation and never smoke
- Work to reduce physical and emotional stress
- Wash your hands often to prevent the spread of illness
Be leery of products which claim to boost your immune system. A healthy body continually generates many types of cells critical to immune system functioning. A diet with a wide variety and good balance of food will help your immune system, but a daily multivitamin and mineral supplement may be beneficial.
As with all functions in your body, your nerves are the ‘master control centre’; helping you body to operate at its optimum healthy state – including your immune system.
New York University in 1989 released a study that compared the immune systems of a general selection to those who regularly utilized chiropractic care. During this 3-year period, it was shown that those who received chiropractic adjustments had immune systems that performed 200% greater than those who did not. (1)
In summary, to boost your immune system, live an active, health-focused, well balanced life and include regular chiropractic visits. Please reach out to us for more information or to schedule your chiropractic appointment: 519-258-8544
(1) Pero R. Medical Researcher Excited By CBSRF Project Results.The Chiropractic Journal. 1989; 32