Many families have prepared a “Summer Bucket List” to help keep their children active and entertained this summer.
We’d like to suggest adding some “healthy” activities to your list! Best of all, these healthy options are low cost and great for the entire family.
- Visit a farmer’s market and see if your family can make a full day’s healthy menu from only local products
- Create a goal of how far to walk along Windsor’s Riverfront
- Challenge your family to bike a lengthy portion of the Greenway
- Walk all the way from the Visitor’s Centre at Point Pelee to the very tip of the Point
- Be “junk food free” for an entire weekend
- Disconnect everyone from wifi and cellular data for a day and spend the time working on a family project or playing board games
A bucket list can create lasting family memories, and adding healthy challenges may just become healthy habits.
Let us know your healthy bucket list items! Good luck and enjoy!
Childhood is a time of growth and development.
Make sure your child’s body is functioning at its best. Call for an appointment or to speak to us about how chiropractic care can help your child or teenager – 519-258-8544
With the warmer weather, children across Windsor and Essex County are outdoors and likely more physically active than during the winter months.
Children can be pretty rough on their bodies, and because they’re in a constant state of change, it’s essential to keep their growing bodies in good form and function.
- Your child complains of muscular or joint pain.
- Your child’s posture – ‘forward head posture’ is a common problem in today’s world with the increase of tablets, smartphones and laptops.
- Does your child suffer from headaches?
- How does your child appear and move? Do they favour one side or limp? Does one shoulder or shoulder blade sit higher than the other? Is their head usually tilted to one side?
- How physically active are your children? Here’s a simple guideline to help.
Chiropractic care can help people in all stages of life and development.
How does chiropractic care help?
- The spine houses the nerves
- The nerves affect every area of the body
- If there is a misalignment in the spine, it affects nerves which affect the body
We love to see happy, healthy and active children. Whether your child is very active with sports or is more the imaginative type, we’d be help. Please call to make an appointment today – 519-258-8544
Our hips are big, important joints and they play an essential role in our body’s normal movement and stability.
There are many common causes of hip pain, including:
- Injuries or trauma
- Stress due to wear and tear
- Compensating for other misaligned body structures
- Pain which originates elsewhere, but it felt in the hip area
When normal movement is restricted, other parts of the body need to work harder to compensate. Just like all parts of our bodies, if our hips are misaligned, it can have effects in other areas.
How do our hips become misaligned?
- Poor posture
- Sitting or standing too long
- Trauma or injury
- Compensating for other misaligned body structures
- Unusual or incorrect sleeping position
Chiropractors will seek to learn the cause and the source of hip pain (along with a thorough patient history) and may create a personalized treatment plan. A chiropractor may recommend natural treatment options, such as:
- Chiropractic adjustments
- Exercises to build supporting muscles
- Cold Laser Therapy
- Postural advice
Taking care of your hip health is important for everyone, including children! Consider their growth as well as their activity levels: all which impact proper hip functioning. Our hips and our entire body benefit from regular chiropractic care!
If you are suffering from hip pain and live in the Windsor, Ontario area, please reach to us to schedule your visit: 519-258-8544
While chiropractic adjustments don’t specifically treat your immune system, improving the immune system’s functioning is one of many ‘fringe benefits‘ of chiropractic care.
How does chiropractic care help your immune system?
- Chiropractic adjustments help correct ‘subluxations’ (or joint dysfunctions) in your spine.
- Your spine houses your nerves.
- Your nerves effect every area of your body, including your immune system.
When the joints in the spine are better aligned, and stress is relieved from the nervous system, the communication within the nervous system is improved; thus helping the immune system function properly.
Children, in particular, seem to benefit the most from this ‘fringe benefit’ of chiropractic care. We’ve seen great results with chiropractic adjustments helping children with ear infections, tonsillitis, allergies and asthma – just to name a few.
If you’re not feeling your best, (or even if you are!) call to arrange your chiropractic appointment, and maybe you’ll experience one of the many ‘fringe benefits’! 519-258-8544
Our goal as parents is to raise happy, healthy and active children. We’d like to offer you 6 reasons why regular chiropractic care is important for children of all ages.
Children are hard on their bodies
Whether your child is involved in sports or prefers to spend their time playing on mobile devices; their young bodies can be easily misaligned.
Your child’s body is in a constant state of change, and regular chiropractic care helps restore and maintain their body for optimum functioning, relieving tension and stress as their body changes.
Good habits start early
Good posture starts in childhood and last lasting benefits. Chiropractors can also encourage proper head positioning while on electronic devices.
Set a good example
When you utilize regular chiropractic care for yourself you and your children, you demonstrate the importance of good health: setting a life-long example of the importance of good self-care.
In sickness and in health
Removing interference from the nervous system helps your child’s body operate in its natural healthy state.
Better sleep and related benefits
Our nerves affect every aspect of our body, and when there is interference it can result in sleep, concentration and even behavioural issues.
Overall good health
Our spine houses our nerves, and our nervous controls our whole body. Chiropractic care helps support nervous system functioning; which means your child’s entire body will benefit.
Everyone with a spine benefits from chiropractic care. Begin your child’s healthy journey today and call us to schedule your visit: 519-258-8544