2780 Totten St. Windsor Ontario
Please note that our practitioner’s hours vary. While we welcome walk-ins, we recommend that you call first to ensure your practitioner is available. 519-258-8544
We are excited to announce that as of August 1st, 2018, we will be moving to 2445 Dougall Avenue – in Dorwin Plaza, across the street from Zehrs and Winners.
We look forward to seeing you at our new location.
Please reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns.
Dr. Colasanti’s (BSc DC) Hours
|8 am – 5 pm
8 am – 4 pm
10 am – 6 pm
8am – 12pm
Please call for availability
Christina Dragovic (BA, RMT) Hours
|12pm – 7pm
10am – 7pm
12pm – 7pm
10am – 7pm
10am – 5pm
We recognize that you have a choice when it comes to your preferred Chiropractor or Massage Therapist. That’s why we want you to be as relaxed and informed as possible about our practice; muscle, bone, joint and connective tissue health issues; and natural health treatment options. On behalf of all the Huron Church Family Chiropractic and Family Wellness Centre staff, we welcome you to our practice and look forward to helping you and your family preserve a lifetime of good health.
2780 Totten St. Windsor, Ontario
An injury or problem in one area of your body can impact other areas.
For example, if you sprain your ankle and are limping, other parts of your body, like your knees and your hips may be affected because they have to compensate for the abnormal biomechanics of your gait.
When it comes to examples like that, it takes no stretch of the imagination to see that relationship. However, abnormal biomechanical changes in the body usually have much more far-reaching impacts. An often-overlooked area of the body is the temporomandibular joint or simply, the TMJ. This is essentially our ‘jaw joint’ which is a hinge-like structure that connects or lower and upper jaws, and hence allows us to chew and swallow our food and talk, among other things.
The importance of this little joint can often be overlooked.
There is an integral relationship between our TMJ and our neck and upper back muscles. Basically, when we use our jaw, our jaw and neck muscle fire simultaneously, and vice versa. Poor posture like ‘head forward posture’ or slouching will impact our TMJ biomechanics. TMJ problems will impact our neck biomechanics. Now here comes the stretch; let’s go back to the sprained ankle. You start limping. Eventually your opposite knee and hip start to hurt because of it. You are now ‘shifting’ your biomechanics in a way that will have an impact on your upper back and neck, and yes even your jaw. Further to that, neck and TMJ problems may be related to other issues like headaches, tinnitus (ringing in the ears), sinus problems and even snoring.
Healthcare professionals including dentists often overlook the importance and the integral role that the TMJ has on the body. The best approach is to address the whole body and this should involve an integrated approach among your health professionals. Here at Huron Church Chiropractic and Family Wellness Centre, we can address issues with the neck and back, or may directly treat the TMJ with acupuncture or LASER therapy. Often patients are referred back to their dentist to deal with specific issues involving the TMJ, and there are more and more dentists out there that acknowledge the global impact that the TMJ has on our health.
If we can help you, please reach out to us: 519-258-8544
Begin your journey to better health… today!
Eat well, sleep well, exercise, reduce stress and see your doctor.
We offer many therapies to help start you on your journey. Chiropractic care, massage therapy, acupuncture, cold LASER therapy and nutrition advice – just to name a few.
We’d love to be a part of your healthy life. Please call us today to learn how we can help. 519-258-8544
We are now well into the New Year. How are you doing with the health goals you made for yourself?
It’s been a tough two months weather-wise in Windsor Essex. The extreme cold and abundance of snow have kept many of us indoors and perhaps more inactive.
It’s a great time to review your overall health goals. Here are some considerations:
- What has been working for you so far this year?
- What has been your biggest challenge?
Moving forward, now is the perfect time to recommit to becoming more healthy. Here are some tips:
- Re-evaluate your goals and be realistic, even small changes can result in big rewards.
- What is one simple change you can make? Focus on a new healthy goal every week and in no time it will be a habit.
- Breaking down your goals into smaller, attainable chunks is easier than looking at the big picture.
- Focus on your accomplishments and if you have a bad day, don’t let it become a bad week or month.
- Changing up your healthy routines regularly will help you stay motivated.
- Do something good for yourself, try acupuncture, see your chiropractor or have a massage.
We can help you attain your goals – start today! Please call us for an appointment and discover how we can help you be your best in 2014. 519-258-8544.
If your New Year work-out regime is leaving you feeling stiff and sore, we can help you feel better and meet your health and wellness goals.
Chiropractic adjustments have been shown to be a safe and effective alternative treatment for pain and injury.
- Increase blood flow
- Improve range of motion
- Increase the body’s secretion of “good” chemicals, such as melatonin and endorphins
- Reduce blood pressure
- Reduce tension and muscle pressure
Don’t give up on your healthy resolutions, and don’t just ‘mask’ the symptoms with drugs – treat the problem, naturally.
Aside from chiropractic care, we also offer the following therapies to help you feel great and stay on track:
We’re proud to be your Health and Wellness Centre in Windsor, and we’re here to help you. Please call the office for your appointment. It’s going to be a great year!
Acupuncture is an ancient therapy, dating back centuries. Let’s first understand how acupuncture works:
Acupuncture works through stimulation of the nervous system.
When a needle is inserted below the dermis, there are many nerve structures that are affected in that local tissue level. When these nerves are stimulated, those ‘signals’ travel up to the brain.
The brain then ‘processes’ those signals and stimulates the release of many different biochemical: like endorphins, serotonin, dopamine, etc.
The stimulation of nerves results in endogenous pain control, meaning that they tap into your body’s own pharmacy, and modulate the release of pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory chemicals.
The tiny needles stimulate local tissues that speed up the healing response and improve the quality of the way the body heals the tissue. They improve your mood, largely due to the stimulation of the release of hormones like serotonin, which will also therefore potentially improves symptoms of depression and anxiety.
It’s important to note that acupuncture benefits the body’s functioning as a whole, but positive results have been seen for the following conditions:
- Neurological conditions: (ex) Headaches, migraines, difficulty sleeping, nervous tension, dizziness.
- Musculoskeletal conditions: (ex) Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, sciatica, lumbago, low back pain, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, shoulder pain, neck pain.
- Respiratory conditions: (ex) Asthma, allergies, chronic cough, sore throats, bronchitis, rhinitis, sinusitis, influenza, colds.
- Skin conditions: (ex) Eczema, acne, hair loss, dermatitis, psoriasis, herpes zoster, dandruff.
- Digestive system conditions: (ex) Mouth ulcers, liver and gallbladder disorders, spasms of the oesophagus, gastric ulcers, acid reflux, colitis, IBS, diarrhea, constipation, hemorrhoids, weight control.
- Urogenital conditions: (ex) Cystitis, prostatitis, sex drive, urinary retention, kidney disorders, bladder dysfunction.
- Gynecological conditions: (ex) PMS, abnormal bleeding or discharge, painful, heavy or irregular periods, post-partum depression, hormonal imbalances, symptoms relating to menopause, morning sickness.
- Psychological conditions: (ex) Depression, phobias, anxiety, nervousness, addictions, SAD, stress, sleep disorders.
- Cardiovascular conditions: (ex) Blood pressure, poor circulation, fluid retention, chest pain.
More and more third party insurance companies and WSIB (Worker Safety & Insurance Board) are recognizing the effectiveness of acupuncture, enabling patient treatments to be billable under most health and wellness plans.
Please reach out to our office if you have any questions or to book your appointment: 519-258-8544