We are now well into the New Year. How are you doing with the health goals you made for yourself?
It’s been a tough two months weather-wise in Windsor Essex. The extreme cold and abundance of snow have kept many of us indoors and perhaps more inactive.
It’s a great time to review your overall health goals. Here are some considerations:
- What has been working for you so far this year?
- What has been your biggest challenge?
Moving forward, now is the perfect time to recommit to becoming more healthy. Here are some tips:
- Re-evaluate your goals and be realistic, even small changes can result in big rewards.
- What is one simple change you can make? Focus on a new healthy goal every week and in no time it will be a habit.
- Breaking down your goals into smaller, attainable chunks is easier than looking at the big picture.
- Focus on your accomplishments and if you have a bad day, don’t let it become a bad week or month.
- Changing up your healthy routines regularly will help you stay motivated.
- Do something good for yourself, try acupuncture, see your chiropractor or have a massage.
We can help you attain your goals – start today! Please call us for an appointment and discover how we can help you be your best in 2014. 519-258-8544.
If your New Year work-out regime is leaving you feeling stiff and sore, we can help you feel better and meet your health and wellness goals.
Chiropractic adjustments have been shown to be a safe and effective alternative treatment for pain and injury.
- Increase blood flow
- Improve range of motion
- Increase the body’s secretion of “good” chemicals, such as melatonin and endorphins
- Reduce blood pressure
- Reduce tension and muscle pressure
Don’t give up on your healthy resolutions, and don’t just ‘mask’ the symptoms with drugs – treat the problem, naturally.
Aside from chiropractic care, we also offer the following therapies to help you feel great and stay on track:
We’re proud to be your Health and Wellness Centre in Windsor, and we’re here to help you. Please call the office for your appointment. It’s going to be a great year!
Acupuncture is an ancient therapy, dating back centuries. Let’s first understand how acupuncture works:
Acupuncture works through stimulation of the nervous system.
When a needle is inserted below the dermis, there are many nerve structures that are affected in that local tissue level. When these nerves are stimulated, those ‘signals’ travel up to the brain.
The brain then ‘processes’ those signals and stimulates the release of many different biochemical: like endorphins, serotonin, dopamine, etc.
The stimulation of nerves results in endogenous pain control, meaning that they tap into your body’s own pharmacy, and modulate the release of pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory chemicals.
The tiny needles stimulate local tissues that speed up the healing response and improve the quality of the way the body heals the tissue. They improve your mood, largely due to the stimulation of the release of hormones like serotonin, which will also therefore potentially improves symptoms of depression and anxiety.
It’s important to note that acupuncture benefits the body’s functioning as a whole, but positive results have been seen for the following conditions:
- Neurological conditions: (ex) Headaches, migraines, difficulty sleeping, nervous tension, dizziness.
- Musculoskeletal conditions: (ex) Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, sciatica, lumbago, low back pain, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, shoulder pain, neck pain.
- Respiratory conditions: (ex) Asthma, allergies, chronic cough, sore throats, bronchitis, rhinitis, sinusitis, influenza, colds.
- Skin conditions: (ex) Eczema, acne, hair loss, dermatitis, psoriasis, herpes zoster, dandruff.
- Digestive system conditions: (ex) Mouth ulcers, liver and gallbladder disorders, spasms of the oesophagus, gastric ulcers, acid reflux, colitis, IBS, diarrhea, constipation, hemorrhoids, weight control.
- Urogenital conditions: (ex) Cystitis, prostatitis, sex drive, urinary retention, kidney disorders, bladder dysfunction.
- Gynecological conditions: (ex) PMS, abnormal bleeding or discharge, painful, heavy or irregular periods, post-partum depression, hormonal imbalances, symptoms relating to menopause, morning sickness.
- Psychological conditions: (ex) Depression, phobias, anxiety, nervousness, addictions, SAD, stress, sleep disorders.
- Cardiovascular conditions: (ex) Blood pressure, poor circulation, fluid retention, chest pain.
More and more third party insurance companies and WSIB (Worker Safety & Insurance Board) are recognizing the effectiveness of acupuncture, enabling patient treatments to be billable under most health and wellness plans.
Please reach out to our office if you have any questions or to book your appointment: 519-258-8544
Quitting smoking is one of the best things you can do for your health. We know it’s tough, and we can help.
Acupuncture helps lessen the side effects of withdrawal from nicotine. By placing needles in strategic locations on the body, nerves are stimulated which helps with feelings such as:
- Acupuncture in some cases even transforms that taste of tobacco into an unpleasant experience.
- Acupuncture, in general, helps restore balance to the body and aids in detoxification – helping the patient on their path to a healthier life.
For these reasons, Acupuncture has been a regular treatment used for years in drug detox clinics worldwide.
How often are the treatments?
The number and frequency of Acupuncture treatments vary from person to person. For example, if the patient is ‘cutting down’ and working towards a quit date, we’d recommend once a week until the quit date, then twice a week for a few weeks during the actual withdrawal period. If the patient is going to quit ‘cold turkey’, then we recommend two or three times a week for 2 or three weeks, until the symptoms of withdrawal are lessened.
The smoker does need the motivation to quit. By evaluating the patient’s history, we can recommend smoke-free ‘replacement’ habits to help end the emotional and physical addiction. For instance, if a person normally has a coffee and a cigarette first thing in the morning, a change would be a ‘go’ coffee and a brisk 10-minute walk.
There are natural herbs we can recommend that also help lessen the effects of withdrawal.
We further recommend the person trying to quit to get support from their family, friends and co-workers.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss quitting smoking with Acupuncture further, please feel free to call us – 519-258-8544.
We look forward to helping you on your journey of a happier, healthier, smoke-free life!
2780 Totten St. Windsor Ontario
Please note that our practitioner’s hours vary. While we welcome walk-ins, we recommend that you call first to ensure your practitioner is available. 519-258-8544
Dr. Colasanti’s (BSc DC) Hours
|8 am – 5 pm
8 am – 4 pm
10 am – 6 pm
8am – 12pm
Please call for availability
Christina Dragovic (BA, RMT) Hours
|12pm – 7pm
10am – 7pm
12pm – 7pm
10am – 7pm
10am – 5pm
We recognize that you have a choice when it comes to your preferred Chiropractor or Massage Therapist. That’s why we want you to be as relaxed and informed as possible about our practice; muscle, bone, joint and connective tissue health issues; and natural health treatment options. On behalf of all the Huron Church Family Chiropractic and Family Wellness Centre staff, we welcome you to our practice and look forward to helping you and your family preserve a lifetime of good health.
2780 Totten St. Windsor, Ontario
There are two main goals for chiropractic care: short term relief from painful symptoms and long term overall health benefits.
Short term pain relief
Chiropractic adjustments help people find all natural, drug-free pain relief; treating the cause of the discomfort, not just the symptoms.
Chiropractic care can help:
- Restore mobility
- Improve joint flexibility
- Reduce inflammation
Longterm benefits of regular chiropractic care:
Patients who regularly utilize chiropractic services experience many positive long term and long lasting benefits.
- Helps restore the natural healing abilities within your own body
- Improved mood, energy levels and better sleep
- Helps to avoid future injuries
We are here for you in times of sickness and health. Please reach out to us to begin your regular chiropractic care schedule. 519-258-8544