As of August 1st, 2018, we have moved to
2445 Dougall Avenue
In Dorwin Plaza, across the street from Zehrs and Winners.
Please note that our practitioner’s hours vary. While we welcome walk-ins, we recommend that you call first to ensure your practitioner is available. 519-258-8544
Dr. Colasanti’s (BSc DC) Hours
|8 am – 5 pm
8 am – 4 pm
10 am – 6 pm
8am – 12pm
Please call for availability
Christina Dragovic (BA, RMT) Hours
|12pm – 7pm
10am – 7pm
12pm – 7pm
10am – 7pm
10am – 5pm
We recognize that you have a choice when it comes to your preferred Chiropractor or Massage Therapist. That’s why we want you to be as relaxed and informed as possible about our practice; muscle, bone, joint and connective tissue health issues; and natural health treatment options. On behalf of all the Huron Church Family Chiropractic and Family Wellness Centre staff, we welcome you to our practice and look forward to helping you and your family preserve a lifetime of good health.
2445 Dougall Avenue Windsor, Ontario
Getting into a new, healthier morning routine can be tough.
- Our brains are wired to follow existing habits. These existing habits allow our brains to go on ‘auto-pilot’ and save the hard thinking for other, more important tasks.
- The existing habits have an established ‘reward’ for the related behavior (ex: take a shower = feel refreshed or brush teeth = fresh breath) already in place, which a new habit does not.
Considerations to start your day:
Do you immediately think, ‘I need more sleep’ as soon as the alarm goes off? If so, this is likely a habitual behavior or thought.
What if you could retrain your brain to think, ‘Yes, a new day!’ This new thought pattern may put your entire day in a new positive and less stressful perspective. When your alarm goes off, immediately think affirming thoughts such as, ‘It’s going to be a great day. I look forward to meeting new challenges today.’
Does your day start in a frantic pace? Try waking up 20 minutes earlier and try a few of the following things.
- Have a glass of water
- Breathe deeply
- Put your day in perspective with positive affirmations.
- Reflect on the things you are grateful for
- Spend a moment in nature
The morning sets the pace for your entire day. Starting it off right can make all the difference to your mind and body. Do you have other suggestions? Please leave a comment below.
Range of motion is the measurement of movement around a specific joint or body part. Flexibility can be defined as the range of motion around joints, tendons, ligaments, muscles or bones.
Range of motion may be limited due to factors including pain, stiffness, swelling or related to an injury or surgery.
Having good range of motion, within the limitation permitted by a specific joint (as example, the knee only bends in one direction, but the wrist can move in many directions) is important for good general health, injury prevention and quality of life.
If you’re experiencing a decrease in a joint’s range of motion, we have therapies that can help. Please call the office for more information or to book your appointment. 519-258-8544
Many families have prepared a “Summer Bucket List” to help keep their children active and entertained this summer.
We’d like to suggest adding some “healthy” activities to your list! Best of all, these healthy options are low cost and great for the entire family.
- Visit a farmer’s market and see if your family can make a full day’s healthy menu from only local products
- Create a goal of how far to walk along Windsor’s Riverfront
- Challenge your family to bike a lengthy portion of the Greenway
- Walk all the way from the Visitor’s Centre at Point Pelee to the very tip of the Point
- Be “junk food free” for an entire weekend
- Disconnect everyone from wifi and cellular data for a day and spend the time working on a family project or playing board games
A bucket list can create lasting family memories, and adding healthy challenges may just become healthy habits.
Let us know your healthy bucket list items! Good luck and enjoy!
Consider the following:
Low back pain is a major cause of healthcare expenditure with direct and indirect costs amounting to $1.2 billion a year in Ontario alone.1
At any given point in time, 15 per cent of the population suffers from chronic low back pain. 2
Low back problems are second only to cardiovascular disease as a major cause of chronic health problems & long-term disability.3
“Chronic low back pain patients are commonly referred to orthopedic surgeons, even though about 90 per cent are not surgical candidates. They are also often referred for unnecessary expensive diagnostic services such as MRIs,” says Dr. Robert Haig, Chief Executive Officer of the Ontario Chiropractic Association.
Nearly 2 million Ontarians use the services of a chiropractor each year; so why are so many Ontarians choosing chiropractic care?
- Chiropractic care is low cost, often covered by workplace insurance plans
- Chiropractic care is non-invasive
- Chiropractic care is effective
- Chiropractic care treats the problem
- Chiropractors utilize several therapies for treatment
- Chiropractors often work in collaboration with physical and massage therapists which benefit the patient
If you are suffering with back pain, please call our office to schedule an appointment – 519-258-8544.
1 – Ontario Chiropractic Association, 2004. Manga P, Angus D, et al. (1993). The effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of chiropractic management of low-back pain. Statistics Canada. Health status of Canadians: Report of the 1991 General Social Survey, Ottawa, 1994.
2 – Laxmaiah Manchikanti, MD1, Vijay Singh, MD2, Sukdeb Datta, MD3, Steven P. Cohen, MD4, and Joshua A. Hirsch, MD5, Comprehensive Review of Epidemiology, Scope,and Impact of Spinal Pain, 2009.
3 – Stokes J, Desjardins S, et al. Economic Burden in Health Canada. Arthritis in Canada: An ongoing challenge. Ottawa: Health Canada, 2003 (Cat. # H39-4/14-2003E), pp. 42.
Why do we wait to see a doctor only when we’re ill?
Yearly check-ups with your health care team are preventative in nature when early warning signs to potential health problems can be discovered and more effectively managed; thereby maintaining your health, instead of managing your sickness.
This proactive health maintenance concept bridges the gap between sickness and health.
Consider the preventative maintenance that chiropractic offers:
- The nervous system controls and coordinates all structures and functions in the human body.
- Problems that may affect or irritate the spinal structures may negatively impact the related structures, organs, and functions of your body
- Chiropractic care can minimize these stressors on the physical structures of the body, potentially preventing problems.
- Chiropractic adjustments sets off a cascade of physical benefits, such as a reduction of muscle spasms, a release of endorphins, and a decrease in local inflammation.
Most of us perform regular maintenance on our vehicles… oil changes, fluid top-up, tire rotations… to keep our cars running well. We need to apply this preventative maintenance to our bodies as well.
Regular chiropractic adjustments are an important part of not just getting you back to good health, but keeping you in your healthy form!
Give us a call today to start your healthy maintenance program! 519-258-8544