While symptoms vary greatly, this pressure on the spinal nerves may result in sensations such as:
- Pain radiating from the back down through the legs
- Pain radiation from the neck through the shoulders and upper back
- Tingling or numbness in the related extremities
- Leg or arm pain
- Pain or stiffness in the neck, shoulder and/or back
- Lower back pain
- Sciatic pain
- Unexpected muscle weakness
- Diminished reflexes
As with all types of pain, a proper diagnosis is paramount and is best treated by addressing the source of the problem rather than masking the symptoms with drugs.
Studies have shown that chiropractic manipulations can help alleviate the pressure and reduce the irritation on the problematic nerve root. Your chiropractor may also recommend spinal decompression, heat and/or cold therapy, massage therapy and lifestyle changes to help avoid a future reoccurrence.
If you’re looking a natural pain relief, chiropractic may help you. Please reach out to us for more information or to schedule your visit: 519-258-8544