School’s out for the children in Windsor and Essex County and many parents and caregivers are wondering how to keep their kids active this summer. Perhaps you want to limit the time your children spend on electronic devices, keep their brains active, encourage creativity and build family memories.
We suggest creating a healthy and active summer bucket list as a family.
Here are some fun, healthy and low-cost considerations for your family’s summer bucket list.
- Visit a farmer’s market and see if your family can make a full day’s healthy menu from only local products
- Create a goal of how far to walk along Windsor’s Riverfront
- Challenge your family to bike a lengthy portion of the Greenway
- Walk all the way from the Visitor’s Centre at Point Pelee to the very tip of the Point
- Be “junk food free” for an entire week
- Work together on a low-cost backyard project, such as building a campfire pit, a fairy garden or a pallet project
- Disconnect everyone from wifi and cellular data for a day and spend the time working on a family project or playing board games
A bucket list can create lasting family memories, and adding healthy challenges may just become healthy habits.
Let us know your healthy bucket list items! Good luck and enjoy!