May is Foot Health Month in Ontario. The feet are the foundation of a healthy, active life and when you experience foot pain, it can affect many other structures in the body, such as knees, hips and back.
With so many different types of foot problems, now is a great time to make your feet a priority. Here are some healthy foot tips for you:
- Practice good foot hygiene
- Wear only good quality, breathable and well-fitting shoes
- Examine your feet regularly for problems
- Have a gait assessment performed to determine if you could benefit from an orthotic appliance
- If you have any problems with your feet, visit your doctor
- Be proactive and discuss with your doctor potential foot problems if you are pregnant or diabetic
In our lifetime we walk approximately 115,000 miles! To maintain a healthy and active lifestyle, we need to be sure our feet are in great shape for the long haul.
Please reach out to us if we can help you: 519-258-8544