Boosting your immune system is as simple as living a healthy, active life, such as;
- Eat a wide variety and good balance of fresh fruits, vegetables, grains, meats and legumes
- Sleep well
- Exercise to maintain a healthy weight, build muscle, bone strength and increase flexibility
- Only drink alcohol in moderation and never smoke
- Work to reduce physical and emotional stress
- Wash your hands often to prevent the spread of illness
Be leery of products which claim to boost your immune system. A healthy body continually generates many types of cells critical to immune system functioning. A diet with a wide variety and good balance of food will help your immune system, but a daily multivitamin and mineral supplement may be beneficial.
As with all functions in your body, your nerves are the ‘master control centre’; helping you body to operate at its optimum healthy state – including your immune system.
New York University in 1989 released a study that compared the immune systems of a general selection to those who regularly utilized chiropractic care. During this 3-year period, it was shown that those who received chiropractic adjustments had immune systems that performed 200% greater than those who did not. (1)
In summary, to boost your immune system, live an active, health-focused, well balanced life and include regular chiropractic visits. Please reach out to us for more information or to schedule your chiropractic appointment: 519-258-8544
(1) Pero R. Medical Researcher Excited By CBSRF Project Results.The Chiropractic Journal. 1989; 32