Before your family settles in for a long, cold, Windsor-Essex County winter; be active! Get outside and enjoy these low or no-cost family fun outdoor activities.
- It’s a great time to visit an apple orchard or pumpkin patch in Essex County. Many offer other family-friendly outdoor activities.
- Take a walk or bike ride on the Windsor Riverfront. Enjoy the city scenery and immerse your family in the art at Windsor Sculpture Park.
- Rediscover the beauty of one of Canada’s National Parks: Right here in our own county! Stroll the boardwalks, hike the easy trails and enjoy the nature at Point Pelee National Park.
- Explore the calm beauty of the Chrysler Greenway. There is more than 50 kms of trails in Essex County with diverse natural areas and green space.
- Enjoy the culture and history of Fort Malden in Amherstburg where there are many special events and activities happening; indoors and out!
If you have any other healthy outdoor activities for families in the Windsor-Essex area, please leave your comment below.