Over the years, there have been many studies on the physical and mental health benefits of meditation. The goal of meditation is to calm and your mind and body while increasing awareness. It’s non-invasive, drug-free and no cost.
- Stress reduction
- Promotes relaxation
- Pain management
- Improve overall feelings of wellbeing
Meditation changes our focus and our mind-body relationship. It can help tap our self-healing capabilities.
Want to try meditation?
- Schedule a distraction-free time daily to practice meditation.
- Set a timer for a 10 or 15 minute session.
- Sit cross-legged on the floor or in a chair with your feet flat on the floor.
- Sit with your spine straight.
- Your eyes can be opened or closed.
- Focus on your breathing, and nothing else.
- If you mind wanders, just bring your focus back to your breathing.
Have you experienced positive benefits of meditation? Please share your experiences in a comment below.