Tension headaches account for 90% of all headaches types. Tension in the muscles and joints of the neck, shoulders and head can cause nerve irritation, which may lead to headaches.
- Physical and emotional stress
- Poor posture
- ‘Forward head posture’ from working on computers or spending significant time on electronic devices
Relief for tension headaches
- Medication – although the most common treatment, it only provides temporary relief and is not treating the ‘problem’ and may have undesirable side effects.
- Chiropractic Adjustments – reduces tension in the muscles and joints of the neck and back, helping to alleviate nerve irritation.
- Massage Therapy – relieves muscle tension in the neck, shoulders and back muscles.
- Acupuncture – a recent study reports, ‘A significant proportion of patients with tension-type headache benefited from acupuncture… Acupuncture was well tolerated, and improvements lasted several months after completion of treatment.’
If you suffer from tension headaches – treat the problem, don’t mask the symptoms. We have offer natural therapies that can help. Please call our office for an appointment or for more information – 519-258-8544